Skip to main content

GOD WILL MAKE A WAY

Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart.Psalm 27:14
Rebecca was at her lowest as she drove her aging car to the day-care center to pick up her daughter. Her boss was making life difficult again. The landlord was raising the rent. And as a single mom, she felt all alone. “I’m trying my best,” she told God. “Please help me.”
Just then these words by Don Moen came on the radio in a song:
God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way;
He works in ways we cannot see,
He will make a way for me.
“Please do that for me, God,” Rebecca pleaded. “I can’t go any further.”
The psalmist David too called out to the Lord when he was in desperate straits. He prayed, “Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!” (Ps. 27:7). Then David testified expectantly, “Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart” (v.14).
God specializes in showing His power in hopeless situations. Israel was in just such a place when God parted the sea before them (Ex. 13:17-14:31). Daniel was protected in the lion’s den (Dan. 6:10-23). Paul and Silas were delivered from prison (Acts 16:25-40).
God made a way for Rebecca too. A better job she had applied for months earlier suddenly opened up. The increase in her income would cover the rent. Then a family in her church made a newer car available to her.
If life seems to be closing in on you, don’t despair! Trust God. He has promised to make a way.
Source: odb.org

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...